Operetta Mark 1
The PerkinElmer Operetta Mark1 High-Content Imaging System delivers all the required features for generation of unbiased, statistically significant data. It is especially attractive to users of the 'Stem Cell Hotel' who are newcomers to high-content imaging and high-content analysis, because of the simplicity of the device which will allow them to be productive right away.
- Fast widefield imaging for routine applications.
- True spinning disk confocal imaging option to eliminate background, and protect live cell samples, by minimizing photobleaching and toxicity.
- Spinning disk pinhole size optimized for good confocality across a wide range of objectives.
- Equipped with 8-position dichroic wheel for maximum excitation flexibility.
- Unsupervised automated image acquisition and autofocus for reliable high-content imaging from slides to multiple plates.
- Digital Phase contrast for imaging and segmentation of cells that have not been fluorescently labeled.
- High numerical aperture objectives which give exceptional images for higher quality data and more reliable results.
- Low and high magnification plus a large field of view allows you to look at the whole well and choose an area of interest for detailed analysis.
The device runs the intuitive Harmony® High-Content Imaging and Analysis Software. This software allows/includes:
- Easily setup of assays, automation of experiments, analysis of data and storage, retrieval and presentation of results.
- Plate wizard for simpler setup of new plate types - automatically detects the important parameters plate bottom height and plate bottom thickness.
- Analysis templates for a range of common applications.
- User-configurable image analysis building blocks for the easy creation of customized high content analysis applications.
- STAR analysis, which provides a more detailed analysis of cellular morphology for accurate differentiation of cellular phenotypes.
- Texture analysis for applications where intensity and morphology are not suitable or do not deliver robust readout and reproducible results.
- Transfering and viewing data from any computer that has an installation of the Harmony software.
- Cell tracking to see temporal changes of biological systems and study cell dynamics in 2D.
- Advanced building blocks for easier analysis of complex applications such as FRET.
- Improved memory management for quicker processing - up to 3 times faster than Harmony 3.5.
- XYZ View which shows an xy-, xz- and yz-section through an image stack of a thick sample e.g. microtissues.
The Columbus™ image data storage and analysis system is used to store images allowing online processing and analysis.
A wide range of fixed cell applications, including great detail on a few wells, stem cells, primary cells, 3D cultures, assay development, siRNA experiments, compound screens.
Image courtesy of Deniz Kent, Ph.D Student