Essen Bioscience IncuCyte® ZOOM is a device used for in vivo assays. This device is simply a microscope inside an incubator, solving potential problems that may result from disturbing cells during the observation process rendering long-term kinetic imaging practical and easy. Users can use this instrument to see what happened and when, without ever removing your cells from the incubator. Key features include:
- Simple and flexible sample preparation, which also ensure minimal cell perturbance in your choice of vessels.
- Automated setup: users can set up automated acquisition and analysis parameters with confidence, having no need to pre-define the assay endpoint.
- Automatic acquisition of images for hours, days or weeks.
- Powerful image visualization and analysis tools which enable real-time decision making. This includes efficient and reproducible image analysis and powerful visualization of images and timecourses.
- Support for multiple users, accommodating up to six microplates at a time. Users can schedule experiments at different image acquisition frequencies and magnifications in parallel.
- Remote, networked access with unlimited, free licenses.
- An unique optical design which ensures that cells remain stationary while optics move.
- Multiple imaging modes: HD phase plus red and green fluorescence.
- CMOS camera and efficient optics enable sensitive, long-term live-cell imaging.
- 16 total core processors for enhanced speed of image processing and data analysis.
This device is suitable for a number of different applications, including:
- Live imaging.
- Stem cells.
- Primary cells.
- 3D cultures.
- Assay development.
- siRNA experiments.
- Compound screens.
Image courtesy of Vasiliki Salameti, Ph.D Student